Monday, October 24, 2011

Saturday Date Night!

Yes, you read the title correctly we ended up having our date night Saturday due to the new edition to our family!
Please welcome Savannah our English Pointer! She actually is Struan's early Christmas gift! She is such a sweetheart and so much fun! Now onto our date....

Struan was in charge of our date this week and I was really hoping that it would have something to do with Halloween, seeings how we won't be home this upcoming date night! To my surprise it was!! Here is my cute little invitation! I'm hoping that one day he will move away from texting but for now I can't complain! :)
First thing we did was load up the truck and head out to go shooting. Struan had bought little pumpkins and thought that it would be a fun idea to go shooting with them. At first I was a little nervous, I haven't really shot a whole lot and I'm a person who has a hard time trying new things. I hate that about myself and try to work on it but I still have troubles with it. Struan thought that I wasn't excited to do it, and was about to pack everything up when I explained my situation. Luckily he is such a loving and caring husband, and right away made me feel so much more comfortable. He helped me get all set up to shoot, and it ended up being a blast!!! I'm still not so good, but it was fun!


After Struan and I had taken a few turns shooting, he decided to let Savannah off her leash just to get a feel for things, seeings how she is a hunting dog! BAD IDEA! She took off like a bullet, with Struan chasing after her! There I sat in the truck thinking to myself that we hadn't even had her 24 hours and she was GONE! Just when I started getting super worried, I decided to give Struan a call. It turned out Savannah had ran about 1/2 a mile, he had almost caught her sooner but she saw a fox and took off after it. Luckily he had caught her! This is what I saw as they were coming over the hill :)
We then shot some more, and then headed back home.Here we are with our little pumpkins we had shot. FYI my pumpkins were alot closer than the ones Struan shot at!


We ate dinner and got Little Miss Adeline to bed. Then he told me that we would be carving pumpkins! I was pretty excited! I wanted to do them last year, but we ended up forgetting!! Here are some pictures of our amazing pumpkins!
After carving our pumpkins we watched Monster House (which neither one of us had seen) FYI totally not a kids movie! It had me a little scared! Yes, I am a big baby!! Scary movies aren't exactly my favorite thing!!! 

I am so grateful for the amazing hubby I have that is willing to teach me new things, and come up with such fun date ideas!!! My turn is next and hopefully I can keep up with the date standard we've been setting!! 

If you aren't doing date night, I strongly suggest working one into the week! With the day to day bustle of our lives (baby, and puppies) sometimes we don't connect with our spouse the way we should. Date night helps in bringing you back together, at least I think it has. Try it out! I think it may surprise you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.