Monday, October 17, 2011

It's Date Night "Deer"!

So this last week was my turn to plan our date night, I was pretty excited not going to lie. First off I chose a  theme and since my hubby LOVES hunting I thought that would be the perfect theme for the date!! 

Here's the invitation I stuck on the steering wheel to invite him to our date night....
Friday after Struan got off work, I told him he needed to get ready. We both put on some camo (I had to borrow one of his shirts) and were ready to start our date. I was pretty impressed with myself that I kept what we were doing a secret! First off we got in the car where I handed him his 1st clue. 

Here we are before we set out on the date....
 I was a little worried about our date seeing how I didn't figure that the weather would be so COLD! We were only about 40 degrees that day so it was a bit chilly! 

 After he read his first clue I informed him that we would be going GEO Caching (for those of you who don't know what that is, its like a hide and seek game with your GPS. You are given the coordinates and once you get there you search for a box) I had never been so I thought it would be something fun to do. Ok, so I know it isn't exactly hunting but we were hunting for something just not with guns. :)

Here's a picture of Struan geo caching...He's in there somewhere!

There were 3 locations we went to and sadly we had no luck. I'm thinking mainly because we had our baby and it was freezing!! Maybe next summer we can try again but we did have a fun time looking. At our last stop we had a VERY interesting experience. Let me explain....

Our 3rd location was located at the Reservoir here, along the road there is a bunch of broken up cement to make sure the water doesn't come up onto the road. Well our clue said that the cement would hold the key. We searched, and searched, and searched as we were getting ready to leave I was looking at a specific piece of cement, I thought that possibly the geo cache was hidden there. I looked underneath and there seemed to be a piece of granite there, so I made Struan check it out. Come to find out we had found a headstone!! Umm yeah that's right a headstone, fully in tact. At that point I took a picture of Struan looking at it, and then we headed home. We were done geocaching! See if you can spot the granite......
After that I had Struan build a fire, and had him cook us tin foil dinner (yes again, and yes I made him cook but that was so I could get Adeline down for bed) We enjoyed a yummy dinner of Ribs, Mashed Potatoes, and Macaroni & Cheese! My hubby sure knows how to make a good dinner! I even set up the living room with our camper chairs, and put the tv on the hunting channel (which usually I moan at the thought of having to watch)

After dinner we set up some pop cans and shot them with the BB Gun. It was lots of fun! We made a little look out from our guest bedroom window, and sniped those cans. 
It was a lot of fun, and we both really enjoyed ourselves. Then at the same time we both GASPED, yes really at the same time I'm not just saying this for dramatic effect we both noticed this....
Yes, that is correct! You are seeing BB holes in our garage. We both didn't think it had that much power, but apparently it did! Struan thinks that since it was so cold outside the siding was a little brittle. Also don't mind how off I was in the shooting, hunting just really isn't my thing! No worries though, the next day Struan was able to patch the holes.

Once we noticed the holes, we moved on to our next event at the Clarks Shooting Range.
Ok, so this did not turn out as planned sadly. My original idea was to buy one of those sticky dart guns, and then put the animal photos in frames so when you shot at them it would stick to the glass. However, when I went to the Dollar Tree in Minot they had NOTHING. They only had one toy gun in the entire store. It came with 4 balls that shot out of the end, not ideal but it was better than nothing. In the end it was a piece of junk and wouldn't shoot 90% of the time, so we resorted to rubber bands. It was fun and we had a good time. Struan annihilated me, none the less it was still a great time.
After that I told Struan that we needed to build a fort in the living room. He was a little to excited and was trying to make it WAY WAY WAY to complicated, so we finally resorted to putting chairs on our couch, then hanging blankets from them. We then layed a foam mattress down with a bunch of blankets. We both slipped into something a little more comfortable (Struan in his red long johns, and me in my pink ones) We then played a matching game I had made, where you had to match the animal tracks. After that I opened up our backpack and pulled out the movie Open Season. So to end our night we watched a movie, and ate camping snacks such as Jerky, Trail Mix, Sunflower Seeds, & Candybars. 

Struan kept thanking me all night for planning such a fun date, apparently he has never had one planned for him before. So I was very honored to be able to do that for him. I am so excited to see what he has planned for us the upcoming Friday, he keeps telling me that he already knows what we are doing which gets me so excited that he is enjoying these fun date nights as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.