Friday, November 4, 2011

Home for Halloween!

Yes, you all may think I'm crazy that I talked my husband into driving home for Halloween but I just couldn't help it!! Now that we have Adeline, I don't want family to miss out. I'm guessing it is because both Struan & I grew up so close to our grandparents that I want our children to have the same thing. I know that eventually the opportunity to be able to go home for such small holidays will be very slim, so I am taking advantage of it while we can!

We left good ol' ND early Thursday morning to head to Idaho. Ryan had the day off from work, so he decided that he would go home as well so we could see each other for a little bit. He wasn't sure if he would have any other days off while we were there so he figured he better come visit. It was nice to be able to see him and catch up. 

Friday my mom took work off so we were able to spend time together. Struan went down to Alexander Co. and spent a little time with his dad. Then he was able to hang out with Hayden and play Zombies on the Xbox, I'm pretty sure he was glad to have a pro to play with, I'm not so good at the whole Xbox thing!!

Saturday my mom surprised me and told me that for my birthday this year she was taking me shopping! She had thought about just giving me money so I could go in ND but then decided she had to monitor me (I'm a grown woman I don't need a babysitter) The reason she had to monitor me was because she knew that I most likely wouldn't spend any of it on myself. Lets face it the last time I bought myself a shirt was a year ago, and it was from Motherhood Maternity! Yeah, I know. I love to shop but since getting married and having a baby, I just can't justify something I want but really don't need. My mother also so lovingly pointed out that she knew I still wore some clothes from Freshman year of Highschool! Umm yeah GUILTY! YIKES! So to those of you that can still remember some of my clothing from Highschool I'm sorry; however, they are still in good condition! (Oh man this is embarrassing :/ ) So off we went to Pocatello. I'm so grateful for the time that I was able to spend with my mom. It's not often we get to go shopping together, and just get to chat. 

While we were shopping Struan was able to spend time with his dad. Granted they were running around doing stuff for the business but I'm sure he was pretty thankful to get to spend that time with his dad.

Sunday we attended church with Struan's family. Afterward, my mom threw me a birthday party! She even wrapped up the clothes I bought the day before. Ryan ended up having the day off so he was able to come and visit some more. I'm so thankful for the amazing family I have been given. I miss the get togethers we have, just visiting and catching up with each other. 

Monday Struan and I wanted to go for a RZR ride in the mountains, so we dropped Adeline off with his mom and were ready to go. We decided to fill the tires up before we left, and as we were driving it started to rain!! Boy was it cold too! We actually ended up having to bag the ride :( I was pretty sad about it! I was really looking forward to spending time with Struan. So then we went to plan b, I was needing to take some pictures for a few Christmas gifts I am doing, so he took me around and I was able to do that. 

We stopped by my grandpas ranch where he then showed us around. He talked to us about his cows, you can see that he really loves his animals. It was a great time. Next we headed up to Grandma & Grandpa Clark's so Struan could help them out for a few minutes, after we had lunch with a friend. Then it was time to pick Adeline up and go Trick Or Treating! I was pretty excited!! 

Here's our little Trick or Treater! Next year she is going to love it! I can already tell!!!
If you are wondering what she is, I'm not exactly sure. We ended up calling her a Dancing Zebra Fairy, if you didn't know what that looked like before now you do! :) 

I hope everyone had a fantastic Halloween! I'm so grateful for the family I have been given and wouldn't trade it for anything!! In just a few short weeks we will be heading back to Idaho again to spend a week at Thanksgiving with our families. Yes, it is a long drive but family is so important how can we not go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.