Glitter Toes, Twinkle Toes, Rockstar Toes whatever you want to call them have kinda been a big deal these last few summers!! I have been one to fall in love with them as well! Sadly I moved right after the first time I had them done!! I'm sure there are places here in ND to get them done, but really I wouldn't have the slightest clue of where to look! So I decided that there had to be a way I could do it myself! With a little research on the computer I put a few ideas I found together and came up with my own glitter toes! Of course they aren't acrylic like the ones you get done professionally but the nice thing about these is they are cheap, they last quite a long time, and you can change them up a little easier!! So here they are!
WARNING!! I do have a few pictures of my ugly feet on here so if you are creeped out by feet I thought I would give you a fair warning!! But if you don't look, you could miss out on some totally AWESOME glitter toes!!
First off, here is what you will need!
A fanned paintbrush
Clear Nail Polish, or Color of Choice
A Teaspoon
Glitter (Make sure it is fine) I found mine at Walmart for 0.97 cents! I have also found them at Hobby Lobby!
Also have something to catch your glitter
Step 1: Paint your toe, after put glitter on teaspoon tap the side of the teaspoon to make sure you get glitter all over the toe ( you could just dump it on, but you lose ALOT more glitter if you do it that way, a teaspoon is MUCH easier!) Continue doing this to all toes!
Once you have finished your toes will look like this, including the excess glitter.
I was doing every other toe that's why only 3 have glitter. Once you have your glitter on and it has set for a good minute. Take your fan brush and dust off the excess glitter! Once you are done paint a clear top coat, and VOILA! Glitter Toes!!
Here they are! Sorry the lighting doesn't do the glitter justice, but once you get it down there are so many fun colors and ideas to play with!! I did these brown and orange to celebrate Fall & Halloween! Just something fun I have found to do!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.