Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Getting In The Spooky Spirit!

Ok, so I have ALWAYS loved holiday decorations but couldn't justify paying to much for them! It must be the thrify mother in me. So last year I didn't decorate for any holiday other than Christmas. That's a definite must! 

So this year, I have been really wanting to start getting decorations together for other holidays, such as Halloween, Thanksgiving, etc. I figure I better start now so that when Adeline is older its something fun she looks forward to! I was having a tough time coming up with what I really wanted to do, let's just say I spent many hours looking on Pinterest and nothing really jumped out at me. Not really sure why! 

Well....last Saturday we were in Walmart on our way home from Fargo and I saw an end cap with a bunch of Halloween scrapbook type stuff so I thought I would check it out! Boy was I glad I did! Everything on that end cap was .97 cents!! There must be something there I may like! There was!! I ended up buying two 4 packs of glitter (I'll share what I do with those another time), a 7 sheet pack of paper all devoted to Halloween, and two packs of chip board stickers! I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted to do with them, but figured inspiration would find me soon enough.

Last night Struan was gone helping a friend, and Adeline was in bed so there was just me. I decided that was the time to come up with something to do with my awesome finds. Here's what I came up with! 
Needless to say I am pretty proud! I used an old canvas that I had purchased a few years ago, then modge podged the two types of paper to the canvas. Then I hot glued the chip board stickers to the paper, made a little bow out of raffia that I already had, and VOILA!! In total I figured this whole thing cost me $1.25 (this is not including the bow or canvas, like I had it quite a while I don't remember the cost and it was just lying around with no use) I figure if you don't have a canvas lying around you could always use a shoe box or something along those lines!

I also made this.......
Here is an up close shot.....
This was super easy to make as well! I have seen so many cute banners around lately that I decided I need one for Halloween. 

I went online and found a bunting pattern I liked, then I went to Picnik and made a Happy Halloween sign, I thought this font was super cute and fitting! I mean who doesn't like Ghost Font!? I then chose 4 types from my .97 cent paper pack and started cutting!! After I was all done, I punched holes in each corner & strung them on the rafia. Super simple and fun!! Total cost $1.53, not to bad!!! 

I still have paper and stickers left over, so I'm hoping to come up with at least one more project!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.