Well, I was going to post our date night that I had planned this past week HOWEVER Struan surprised me and decided we were going to Fargo for the weekend! Needless to say I was pretty excited!!! He knew that I had been wanting to get a jump-start on my Christmas shopping, so he decided we should go!
Friday afternoon we packed up the car and headed out for Fargo (it's like driving to Boise from Grace). We had a great time just being able to talk and spend time together! I love when we are able to do that, there's not many times that we get to talk without the phone ringing! Adeline was an absolute angel (like she always is) and just rode in her car seat so content. Sometimes I feel terrible that she has to sit in a rear facing carseat! I know she would love to be turned around and able to see everything around her! Just a few more months & she'll be able to do so!! WHOO HOO!
Once we got to Fargo we checked into our hotel and then headed out to dinner. We chose Texas Roadhouse, seeing how we don't have one near by! Of course being a Friday night we had to sit and wait but it wasn't TOO bad. We actually talked to some people from the UVU Women's Soccer Team. Small world I know!! Then were able to enjoy a FABULOUS dinner!
The next day we shopped, and shopped, and shopped! It was so fun! We were able to get quite a bit of Adeline's Christmas done! We are so excited for her 1st Christmas! We know she will probably be more interested in the boxes & paper but we don't care we are way to excited! Struan keeps asking if we can get the toys out and play with them. He tells me that she won't remember when Christmas rolls around but I have to hold firm and keep saying NO. This is one thing I will not give into! :) Ok I know she has already seen them when we were shopping, but really she can't remember! (Can she!?)
I am so grateful for my amazing hubby, who will take time to go shopping with me. He tries so hard to act excited because he knows how much I miss shopping with my mom. Not going to lie, he's a pretty fantastic guy!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.