Fourth of July was such a fun time for us this year. Even though it started out a little rocky we were still able to enjoy time with our families.
Sunday we went to church with Struan's family then after we had dinner with my family. Most of that day was spent just enjoying our families company. That night we went down to Tonya's house to have a cook-out and watch some fireworks. Tyson has just bought a new Honda Shadow motorcycle so Struan & I were able to go for a short ride. BAD IDEA! Struan has always wanted a motorcycle but that made him want one even more! Maybe someday! I was so excited for Adeline to see the fireworks, but she had different plans. She slept through them all! You would think the noise would wake her up, but it didn't. Maybe next year will be better (hopefully she's not scared of them).
Monday is when the festivities started. Adeline got all dressed up in her cute little 4th of July outfit. I then decided that she needed red toenails to match, so Grandma Tina volunteered to do them. (Just so you know she isn't to thrilled with the picture but I think it's cute)Later that night Adeline decided to chew on her toes.
It's times like this, that remind me of how far away we really are from our family. I grew up with family all around me and it really makes me sad to think that Adeline and our future children won't have that.
After the parade we headed over to the park. It was a great time being able to see old friends and catch up. Then it was off to Great Grandma & Grandpa Clark's for a cookout. It was so nice to be able to spend time with family and enjoy each other's company.
Then it was off with my family to Lava for a cookout and fireworks ( you think we would be all cooked out, but actually we weren't) Adeline was able to spend time with everyone and get lots of kisses before we left the next morning.
I am so grateful that we are able to come home as often as we do, I don't know how I would survive if we didn't. I'm even lucky enough that Adeline & I can come to stay for two weeks at the end of this month.
I hope that everyone's fourth of July treated them well. I am so grateful for the freedoms that we have. Everyone has their own opinions and take on things, but isn't that the beautiful thing of the country we live in? We are able to think the way we want.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.