Thursday, June 30, 2011

Make Lemonade!

 Something I SERIOUSLY need to work on! Struan is so good at this and me well, not so much!

This week at work were supposed to have 6  loads or product going to out to Missouri. Struan talked to the broker and asked if it would be possible to move the last 2 loads up to Wednesday so that we would be able to head out to Idaho for a long weekend over the 4th of July. They said they would work on it. We were under the impression that this would be happening seeing how the truck drivers would also like a long weekend as well.
As of yesterday we had only seen one of the six trucks! Struan called the truck dispatcher to see where we were at, he stated he didn't know we wanted to load early (someone dropped the ball and we aren't really sure who) but he would look into getting them here as soon as possible. 

I got all of our stuff packed ready to go just in case we might be able to leave early Thursday morning as planned. Well later in the evening we found out that all the trucks would be here late Thursday night! I was pretty upset. I was looking forward to be able to go home and spend time with family and now it all seemed to be ruined. Struan gently reminded me that it would only be one day difference, but to me out of a 4 day trip 1 day was ALOT of time to miss out on!

Being in North Dakota hasn't been the easiest thing for me. It has taken me quite a while to learn how to make lemonade out of the lemon I was given. Days like yesterday definitely remind me of how much I miss Idaho. 

Struan on the other hand is such a good example to me of being positive and making lemonade out of any situation. I know that he misses Idaho just as much as I do, but you would never be able to tell. He is always so positive and is always so helpful in making sure that I can see the good things here. 

I know that my problem is small compared to many others who suffer, and I don't mean to complain but being away from family has been one of the biggest trials I have been through. Living 1,000 miles away from my mom, the person who has always been there for me hasn't been easy. I grew up next to my grandparents and I never realized how lucky I was for that. Now that I'm a mom it makes me so sad to think that Adeline won't have her grandparents right across the street to see whenever she wants. Struan is always so positive. He knows how sad I get about being so far away and he always brainstorms solutions so that I can be happy. I am so lucky to have such an amazing husband who would do anything for me.

I am still a little upset about not being able to leave this morning, but we will be heading out soon enough. Trying to make lemonade out of a situation can be hard work, but in the end totally worth it. Why let a situation put you down when can get something so sweet if you just put a little work into it. 

I am very grateful that I will be able to get to see my family this week. I just need to remember from now on
When life hands you lemons
MAKE LEMONADE!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.