Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Challenge #1

As I was surfing the web today, I came across this really neat blog that gives out challenges once a week to help you with creating your personal history to share with family.I am TERRIBLE at keeping a journal so I thought this might be helpful with keeping up. 



Challenge: If you were forced to go back in time to the olden days, but were allowed to take 10 modern conveniences with you, what would you take?





Ok, I thought answering this question would be so quick and simple! Boy was I wrong! It actually took me quite a while to come up with my answers. So here they are, in no particular order.

I would definitely take my car, having that luxury is something I'm not sure I could live without. Especially living where I do. I love having the ability to go places when I want and get there in a reasonable amount of time. I can't imagine living in North Dakota 1,000 miles away from my family and not having a car to be able to see them would be ROUGH! 


I would also take my camera! I love taking pictures (a new found hobby) and capturing memories. I may not be good at keeping a journal but I do enjoy capturing moments as they happen.

Electricity is another thing I would take! I was thinking about how in life we take such conveniences for granted. How many times do we turn a light switch on and off, and don't even think about how lucky we are to have that in our lives.


I would also take my bathroom (sink, shower, & toilet). Yes I would even take my lovely PINK bathroom! This isn't a picture of my bathroom, but it is pretty similar! I can't imagine being to shower everyday!

My pink laptop would also be a must have on my list. I may not have internet but at least I could save/edit pictures on my computer! 

Running water! How could I enjoy my bathroom without running water? Running water is so important! We need it to get clean, for drinking, cooking, and many other things.

I have no idea how I would cook for my family if I didn't have a stove. So going back to the olden days, this is something I would need!


Ok, this is my guilty pleasure item I would take. My hair straightener! I'm one of those girls who doesn't have beautiful curly hair, or stick straight hair. I am one of the lucky ones who has sort of wavy hair. Without my straightener, I would look very scary! This is one thing I would need to have!

Ok, my last two items would be my Iphone. Why you may ask? Well not only is it a phone, but it also holds music. I love having a bunch of luxuries in one handy little item.


I would also take my washer. I enjoy being able to throw a load of laundry in, go and do other things and come back to clean clothes. I can't imagine scrubbing my clothes clean.

Doing this challenge has really shown me what amazing comforts we have in our lives, and we don't even realize how spoiled we really are. So, what would you take with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.