Living in North Dakota, dates are extremely hard to come by. Not really knowing any one well enough to trust to watch our Little Miss Adeline can be tough. Usually when we go back to Idaho, we are able to sneak out for a few hours and go on a date. I really enjoy the one on one time I'm able to spend with Struan.
Last night we were lucky enough to get a date night!! Struan's parents are out this week and volunteered to take Adeline while we went to dinner and a movie! At first I was a little nervous, just because I'm not away from Adeline very often. However I knew that everything would be ok.
Struan took me out to dinner, and I was very thankful that we were able to just sit and enjoy each others company. Not many times do we just get to sit and talk without being interrupted by making a bottle, or changing a diaper. Don't get me wrong I absolutely LOVE being a Mom but sometimes you need that alone time. I have to admit when we got up to leave from dinner it felt very strange not having a carseat a diaper bag in tow.
After dinner we headed over to the mall to see a movie. I was so excited movies are another thing we don't get to see all that often, so when we do its a real treat! We finally got to see the new Transformers movie. Which usually I'm not into the whole action kind of thing, but I love the Transformer movies. They are the perfect combination of action, romance, and comedy. I just think they are fantastic movies with fantastic stories. Plus they usually have some pretty good looking guys to look at as well. I figure if my husband can oogle over the leading lady, I have the right to stare at a hunky man on screen for a few hours.
Date nights are a must, even if few and far between. I firmly believe they help you reconnect even if its just for a few hours. Every once in a while you need to be able to walk hand in hand with the one you love, just enjoying their company. Life can be so crazy and busy and many times you neglect certain relationships, so take time to enjoy each other.
I know that I am so grateful for the amazing husband I have. He takes care of Adeline and I so well. He makes sure that we never go with out. He is not only my husband but my best friend. I am so grateful that I have him to lean on, whenever I'm sad or feel lonely (which is sometimes quite a lot). He is such a loving and caring person and I hope that as Adeline gets older she gets these traits from her dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.