Monday, June 27, 2011

Ta-Da!!!

My latest project is now finished!! I couldn't be more happier with the result!! 
When we bought the house the dining room had this hideous chandelier! As you can see! I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted to do with it, but then I had an idea. What if I could paint the chandelier? It wouldn't cost much, so I started looking it up online. Trying to see if I could find out information on how to go about doing this! Luckily the internet is a wonderful tool and in no time I had found my answer. 
Also while looking I found out that chandeliers (like the one I painted are going for $3,000-$5,000 dollars!! Umm no thanks!! Even if I had that kind of money to spend on a light fixture I'm pretty sure I would put that money to something more practical! 
Here is a link to the expensive chandelier:

So I wrangled Struan into helping me out with this project! He was such a sweetheart in doing most of the work for me! :) 

I didn't think that we needed to take the whole chandelier apart but having the persistent husband I do he insisted that it needed to be taken completely apart so that it would be tight when we were done. 

As you saw in the before picture the whole thing was glass. Ugh! Here is a picture of it primed and ready to go! 
We then spray painted the black over it and was ready to put it back together! Struan though he could get it all done in one night but that did NOT happen! :) He re-wired the whole chandelier and about a week later he had it done and ready to go. 
Here is a picture of him working on the chandelier! I sure do love him! Even after working hard all day he came home and worked on the chandelier. 

 

Here is are a few pictures of the chandelier before we added the crystals!

 

 I was in love with it from the minute Struan hung it in its place and didn't think that I could love what I was seeing anymore but I was WRONG! The crystals (in my mind) just were the icing on the cake! 


 I couldn't be happier with the way this turned out!! I'm so grateful I have a husband who puts up with all my crazy ideas!!! Adding this piece to my dining room definitely makes it look that much better. I am still working on that room. I have my table redone- which I purchased for $10 it needed ALOT of TLC. But I still don't have the chairs I want. So I'm sure I will be adding that project when I get to it. 

**Ps Don't mind my peach colored heater :) We will be repainting that I just haven't figured out with color I would like to do. The joys of being a homeowner lol! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.