Saturday, March 9, 2013

Family Night-Shrekin' It Up!

Friday Night Family Night was definitely a challenge last night. Not that we didn't enjoy ourselves but we sure did have some cranky children. It all started when Little Miss Adeline decided she didn't need a nap so we ended up with a VERY emotional little lady. Tavish was having tummy troubles so of course he was one sad little dude. However, I was bound and determined to make Family Night successful and with what I had to work with, I think it turned out pretty great! 

Our theme for the night was Shrek! 

To kick off the evening we started with waffles for dinner. If you have seen the movie, them you know the part where Donkey makes the statement, "This is gonna be fun! We can stay up late, swapping manly stories, and in the morning, I'm making waffles!" Therefore waffles seemed like a pretty good choice for dinner! Adeline LOVED them! 

Eating Some YUMMY Waffle!




Once dinner was over, it was time to decorate Gingerbread Men. Ok, so we actually made sugar cookies in the shape of Gingerbread Men because 1) I couldn't find any gingerbread dough at the store (yes I know I could have made some) and 2) I'm really not a huge fan of gingerbread. So earlier in the day I baked some cookies and now it was time to frost and decorate them. Adeline actually preferred to just eat the candy, big surprise there. She is a sugar addict!! 

Adeline eating all the candy!

Struan decorating his cookie

Here is a picture of our completed cookies, Mommy even decorated one for Tavi so he was included!


After cookie decorating we played Pin the Tail on Donkey. I had a heck of a time finding one online, so I ended up making my own which actually worked out perfectly since Adeline thought it was a blast to stick the tails onto Donkey! Mommy & Daddy didn't even have a chance to play because she was having way to much fun! 
Adeline's First Attempt At Pinning the Tail on Donkey!

Once she had finished she would say TA-DAH!!!
 Once we had finished the game it was time to get our jammies on and start the movie. As I was getting ready to take Adeline downstairs Struan asked if I would grab him a flosser, Adeline decided she needed on as well. I couldn't pass up this cute photo opportunity of Adeline and Daddy flossing their teeth. She was pretty proud of herself.

Daddy & Lion Flossing Their Teeth!

Once we were all snuggled in our jammies it was finally time to start the movie!! I had forgotten what a great movie it was, and how many quotes I knew. Shrek is definitely a classic, I think Adeline thought it was pretty great as well. I mean it isn't Tangled or Brave by any means, especially in her eyes but it was one I think she would watch again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.