This past weekend was one of the greatest weekends I've had in quite a while!
Friday night Struan took me out to 10 North Main in Minot. I have been there a few times before and let me tell you their food is AMAZING!! It is sooo yummy! Struan is a little more adventurous than I when it comes to trying new food. You see when I find something I love to eat, that's all I order EVERY TIME we go there. So like the other two times I had their amazing Butternut Squash Ravioli! I do not like squash at all, but this stuff is AMAZING!!
Also this dinner was pretty special seeing how it was the first time we've ever gone out in Minot without Little Miss Adeline and family wasn't watching her. Before I had Adeline I was lucky enough to have met some amazing ladies at the daycare I worked at in Minot. Becky volunteered to watch Adeline, and I am so thankful for that. However, Struan and I were having a little anxiety leaving her. We both weren't sure how it was going to go over. When were dropping Adeline off, I gave her a quick snuggle and handed her over to Becky. Adeline's whole face scrunched up and she started to cry. Right then and there I was ready to just bring her along, but Becky assured us both she would be taken care of. She was even nice enough to send updates while we were at dinner. You know as hard as it was to leave Adeline, I am so grateful for the time I was able to spend with Struan, just him and I, one on one.
* Its hard leaving this little face!
After dinner we ran to pick a gift up for Becky! She deserved a little something, and I knew she wouldn't take money. We also were missing our little girl terribly so we bought Rio to come home and watch as a family, and a new toy. Yes, spoiled I know. Once home, Adeline didn't make it past the previews before she was asleep. She was exhausted from all the fun she had!

The next morning we were finally able to watch Rio. Adeline absolutely LOVED it, especially anytime there was music! She takes after her mommy in that way. She already is a music lover!! After a leisurely morning, Struan suggested we go to Bottineau/ Lake Metigoshe up by the Canadian border. We had gone there last year, and loved it. Its a little area kind of like Bear Lake or Island Park. I think it is the most beautiful area in all of North Dakota. I keep trying to get Struan to convince his Dad that we need to move the grain elevator up there but sadly I don't think that will be happening! I guess we will just keep going there yearly to satisfy my desire.
While we were there I was able to take Struan & Adeline's pictures. It was such a fun Daddy/Daughter photo session. Near the end she was pretty crabby, but I think they will turn out ADORABLE! Keep your eyes out for them. I will be starting to edit them today!
I am so grateful that I was able to spend such a fun weekend with my family. I love going on drives with Struan, and just being able to talk. It seems like there are very few times when we aren't interrupted by the phone, or other distractions.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.